Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Together forever plus a little extra


Hi all yes yes i have been a bad blogger this last week
but i have a good excuse.
I have put down my paper and inks (only for a little while) and
taught myself to crochet.

It all started when i decided to have a clear out of a cupboard
that i keep my wool in, I'm a knitter, but haven't picked up my needles for
a while until before Christmas, when Beth was looking through
my patterns and came across a brambly hedge primrose doll one, and asked if
i would make it for her


Anyway I'm getting off track a bit but isn't she cute and i finished her
just before Christmas phew.
Right I'm in my cupboard with a lot of different coloured wool
but not enough of one colour to make anything.
It seemed a shame to throw them away,
then i thought i would make a blanket with squares
that i can use in my camper, so checking the web for
patterns came across granny squares so i taught myself,
and away i went. I have made 40 up to now, I'm thinking 100
might make a nice size one. I'll show you when I've finished.


On to this weeks Papertake weekly challenge.
It's an anything goes week with the optional theme of flowers.

We are sponsored this week by LOTV with the prize
of a voucher for £10 to spend in the store.
well worth a go.
I have used one of the new LOTV stamp and sentiment again
this one is called together forever.
I have painted the image with Distress inks.
The paper is K&co classic Mckenna paper pad.
I have just marked the middle and cut the paper
diagonally and folded back to make a little window.


The flowers are a mixture from prima and hobby craft.
i made them into a little spray and then glued that to my card.
I also used gold flower brads and gold mirri card.

I'm going to enter this card into two challenges as well
Wild orchid challenge - Love is theme.
CES challenge - Bold and Bright theme.

I also want to say a big thank you to the team
over at Crafters Companion challenge.
I won last months challenge
WOOHOO
Thanks Girls.

Well that's it for today
Thanks for looking
ta ta


14 comments:

  1. Hi Angie

    Thank you for your lovely comment and welcome. I am so happy to be joining you all at PTW !

    Just adore your card and how you have folded the paper out to make a window. Gorgeous flowers too.

    Just love your Bramley Hedge mouse too, stunning in fact and so pretty. When you have mastered crochet perhaps you could teach me 'cause I gave up in the end !

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a lovely card, so sweet !
    The mouse is superb, love it very much !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie your card is gorgeous as are all your cards...And your multi talented, Bramble mouse is adorable. I can only manage a little chrochet, just basic stuff

    Wonderful creating
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, this is really pretty! Love the colors and how you folded the paper.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card! and I love your little knitted mouse! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Angie!! The window is awesome and you've colored this beautiful image perfectly! Love your flower spray too!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card!
    The mouse is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Angie, this is a stunner!! I love your framed image and the curled back papers - gorgeous!! Your crocheted mouse is just too cute too!! Thanks for sharing this weiht us at CES challenges this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to invite you to add your banner to our Digital Scrapbooking Topsite. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there


    Free Digital Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, gorgeous card, beautiful image. Love your knitted mouse she is adorable.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW....this is one of my faves hun its just totally stunning & the image is coloured perfectly. I love the knitted toy its lush. I am wanting to learn crochet I have the needle thingy-ma-bib & wool but thats as far as I've got lol.....could you give me the site you found plz hun & I will love ya forever lol. Oh & by the way my son says you have to put a pic of your camper on here if you truly love it lol.......he has just turned 20 & I brought him a VW a few months ago not a camper but a Bora lol but he drools over campers allll the time he drives me insane. He actually saw a couple buy the one he loved from a garage & was in such a strop not that him or the bank of mum & dad could afford 20 grand mind lol. Anyway sorry for the mammoth post hunni. Take care shug.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angie your card is outstanding, so so beautiful.
    and your knitting WOW, WOW, WOW, love primrose wow she is amazing,SO VERY SPECIAL.I used to watch bramley hedge with my son when he was little, but i think it was me who liked it the most, just couldnt get enough of it.

    hope you are ok love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is gorgeous and the mouse is adorable. Thanks for joining us in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow gorgeous card thanks for joining us at CES challenges.
    Hugs kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your wonderful comments
i love to read them
and they are much appreciated.
Hugs to you all Angie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...