Wednesday 14 December 2011

Christmas crochet



Hi all i'm back with the little bits 
i said i would show you.
This is the first one, i found a free 
pattern on the internet for these 
crochet hearts and thought they
would make fab tree decorations.

This was my first go.
I used DK wool and 5.5mm crochet hook
which made it loose and you could see all the stuffing.
So i had another go using DK doubled up and
that was so much better, a lot tighter and
fuller.
They are so easy to make and quick too.



I added pale blue pearl beads and some 
bells so it jingles just like Santa's sleigh.

They are now hanging on my tree
and look so cute.


I have also made my first Tea cosy




This is for my Mother in law for 
Christmas. I can show it to you all
as she doesn't own a computer so won,t see.

The cosy is knitted, i followed a pattern 
out of one of my books.
The poppy and leaves are crocheted.
I chose these colours as she has a Rayburn 
cooker in the same blue and the tiles that 
surround it have red poppies on them.




You'll have to excuse the photos 
it was such a dull day here and i really
struggled to get a descent photo 
and had to brighten them up a bit on
the computer. They're not to bad.



 
I really enjoyed making this that I'm half way
through making a Christmas one for myself.
i will share it with you when i have finished.


Thanks for looking 
Take care

5 comments:

  1. These are all gorgeous hunni I've got a few crochet scarves on the go & a knitted ruffle 1 lol.........also a crochet cot blanket....you would think I would finish off 1 project first lol. Loving the crochet heart hun really pretty.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi wow love the heart so pretty nothing beats homemade the decorations in the shops are so rubbish !! Lobe the tea cosy colours are awesome one day I will get time to learn crochet lol . Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wwo these are fantastic angie.really love your gorgeous heart decoration ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous makes! Loving the added pearls to your little hearts! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your wonderful comments
i love to read them
and they are much appreciated.
Hugs to you all Angie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...